I’ve purchased a lot of …graphic novels?* recently, and they’re all really inspiring. They make me really want to get back to my drawing, and try to really produce something. I’m so jealous of the talent, success, and imagination of these people.
- Amulet 1 & 2 (soon 3) by Kazu Kibuishi (@boltcity), which constantly improves as it develops
- Flight 8, a compilation I always dreamed I’d put something together for, but then never really tried, plus I don’t know how that would work anyway, blah, featuring more from Kibuishi, as well as some great stuff by my classmate Jason Caffoe (@jcaffoe)
- Anya’s Ghost, by Vera Brosgol (@verabee), which I’m halfway through and it’s just incredible, the art, the dialogue, the motion and expression and man, ugh.
- Bone, book 3 (colored), by Jeff Smith, I bought the first one a while ago, and I love this series. I just pick up a new one whenever I think of it (which is why I’m only on 3)
* Can we get a new term there…? Every time I say it I feel like the fat comic shop guy from the Simpsons, but I don’t think they’re just comics. Maybe cartoons?